Ways to Make Pool Pop
Pools are a great way to stay cool and spend time outside, but there are some simple (and some more complex) ways to make a pool more exciting, pleasant to look at, and fun! Today we’ll talk about a few ways to make your pool pop.
- Glow in the Dark and Blacklight: Using things that glow in the dark or are black-light reactive is a great way to add fun to a pool at night. Warm summer nights can be made into parties with glowing pool toys, tile, accessories, and more. Set up some black lights around the seating area and pull out the body paint! Just be sure to keep the pool clean and keep up with maintenance .
- Mosaic Tile Patterns: Use the tiled surfaces in and around the pool to express yourself. Animals, countries, celestial bodies, self-portraits, and more can make your pool much more exciting.
- Waterfalls: Adding a waterfall is one of the more expensive ways to keep a pool interesting, but it can help circulate the water as well as add a pleasant look and sound to the area. A waterfall in a corner or across an entire edge of the pool will separate you from your friends, neighbors, or family members with a pool and your home will be the talk of the town!
- Stone and Wood: Using stone or steps, boarders, patios, and more may be harder to clean than basic tile, but it will give a more natural and fancy look. Use stone with the aforementioned waterfall for a double whammy! Pair stone with mosaic tiles for a powerful effect! Wood, stone, or brick patios look amazing and are less likely to cause slippage from guests.
- Fun Shapes: Square, rectangular, and L-shaped pools are boring. Add a curve or 4, round the corners, make it unique. These will be harder to build, but the maintenance should not change, so why not?
- Color: Use colored lights, furniture, tile, and more to make it interesting. Surround your pool with deck chairs and tables in interesting colors and patterns. Beige and white around the pool will make it look drab and boring.
- Plants: Use large trees to your advantage. Keep a section of the pool area shaded for those harsh sunlight hours. Keep decorative bushes and flowers around to keep the place looking fresh. Have some grass around the pool area somewhere to lay around in comfort.
- Waterproof everything: Keep the furniture safe with water-friendly materials or scotch-guarding. Keep things like grills far away enough from the pool to be out of the splash zone. If you decide to use electronics like stereos or televisions outside, keep them in a shaded area with ample protection from the sun and water.
- Have fun! Don’t be that neighbor who only uses the pool once or twice per year. Invite the neighbors and their children to get out of the hot sun. Bring coworkers over to enjoy the hot tub after a long day at work. A pool kept from people is a lonely sight indeed. Celebrate your amazing oasis with those close to you. Bring in the pool toys and don’t worry if someone kicks some leaves or trails in some dirt or crumbs. Let Pool Daddy service your pool weekly to keep it sparkling and running smoothly.Related Topics: