Pools are beloved by many, but, as with anything else in this work, there are drawbacks. Today we’ll discuss a few of the common complaints related to pools, swimming, pool maintenance, and more that pool owners or pool frequenters deal with– and how to deal with it.
- “I hate the chlorine smell on my skin.” There are a few solutions to this problem. They make chlorine removal shampoos! Hair is the hardest thing to get chlorine smells out of, so this could work as a body wash, too, so you can get on with your day and not smell like your pool. You can also make chlorine removing lotion or use crystallized vitamin C and rinse your skin with a solution of that and water. You can also find shower attachments that include vitamin C in your shower stream for cheap. Another solution is to swim in salt water pools! You may not be able to convert your pool to salt water, but if you can or you are thinking of installing a pool, consider a salt water filtration system. It will reduce the chlorine odor and you won’t need to buy chlorine tablets.
- “What about my kids and animals?” Even well behaved kids and pets can be in danger when in or around a pool. Installing a gate around the pool is one great solution. This will also keep neighbor pets and children from wandering into your yard and getting into the pool or getting hurt.
- “Pools are expensive,” While pools are costly, they do add to your home value. Not dollar-for-dollar, but if you want a pool, you will get back a portion of what you put into it when you sell your home. As technology improves, pools are getting cheaper to produce and install, too.
- “Taking care of a pool takes so much time, money, and energy.” Pools do take time to maintain, but even basic chlorinated pools can be cheap to run. With high performance and energy efficient equipment the cost to keep the pool running isn’t that high. The chemicals you will need to balance your chlorinated pool aren’t very expensive, either, and if you check the levels regularly you won’t have to spend a lot of time or money adjusting the levels. It can only take a few minutes to check and balance your pool levels, and it will save you a ton in the long run.
- “They get green!” This happens when too much algae builds up in the pool. This can happen from neglect or just normal wear and tear of your pool and equipment. Acid washing can help this, but it can be a time consuming process and it requires draining the pool. Regular cleaning can prevent this from happening for a while.
- “I want to hire a pool cleaning company, but I don’t know who,” For all of your pool cleaning and maintenance needs, Pool Daddy in Arizona is here for you! We offer great prices and great services, from weekly pool maintenance to emergency repairs and installations of equipment, to big cleaning jobs like acid washing ! So hire the professionals and take away a lot of the stress and effort of pool ownership.Related Topics:
Pool Problems and Solutions
Pool Problems Green Water
Pool Water Problems
Inground Pool Problems
Troubleshooting Inground Pool Problems
Pool Pumps for Inground Pools Troubleshooting
Swimming Pool Water Problems
Above Ground Pool Problems